Cardio Vascular Disease
All registered patients aged between 40-74 years will be systematically screened for the prevention of cardiovascular disease over a five year period.
- to identify people who are at risk of developing vascular disease
- to identify people who have previously undiagnosed related conditions (eg hypertension, diabetes and chronic kidney disease)
- to reduce the number of premature deaths from CVD related conditions across the region
- to reduce inequalities in incidence and premature death rates of CVD related conditions across the area
- to offer appropriate lifestyle interventions and treatment as necessary in line with evidence based recommendations.
The practice will contact all eligible patients and invite you in for a health check.
Please check “Clinics & Services” page for other health checks we offer within the practice.